Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Next-Gen Roleplay - Goodnight, sweet prince

I have been in several roleplay communities on GMod, but the best one I have ever been in has been Next-Gen Roleplay. People might argue that its leadership was corrupt or that the RP on there wasn't "top notch", but to me the RP was just perfect on there. Why? Because the RP wasn't elitist in any way, but at the same time it wasn't unserious. It managed to maintain a good balance, and I just always had a good time on there and never got into any fights with other community members.
What brought NG down? E-Drama. That and false rumors. See, a lot of people got pissed at NG over several reasons, so they decided to spread rumors about it, like that everyone ran around on the server killing each other and that we were stealing members from other communities and such. All of this was bullshit.
NG was one of the few HL2RP communities that ran its own custom script, made from scratch by Lappy (the community founder) himself. The script was in many ways better than TacoScript, although some of the features were inspired by TS ones. The script evolved a lot over time, but as NG was shut down, the script would die with it. I happen to still have a copy of the script laying around, although it's broken.
As much as I'd like to bring NG back, I just have to accept that it is gone. For good. It was the best HL2RP community I have ever been a part of, and I will miss it...

 
Goodnight, sweet prince...

No comments:

Post a Comment